Biographical Dictionary of Cincinnati Architects, 1788-1940
Author: Walter E. Langsam
Contemporary photographs: Alice Weston
Editors: Susannah Sachdeva and Sue Ann Painter
Publisher: Architectural Foundation of
Ihorst, Benjamin L.
Trained at OMI. Draftsman with Zettel & Rapp (three years), Tietig & Lee (two years), and A.L. Fechheimer, whose partner he later became, 1926-1946 and later. Also listed as partner of Edward Schlochtemeyer ([Sr.]; also spelled Sloctemyer) in 1910.
Painter, AIC (2006), 157;
New York landscape architect (later of Innocenti & Webel), who was associated with Ferruccio Vitale in the design of the grounds of “Ca’ Sole,” the W.H. and Jean Maxwell Schmidlapp House in Hyde Park, Cincinnati, in the late 1920s, and perhaps of other Cincinnati-area commissions by the prominent New York architect Grosvenor Atterbury: the Frank S. and Marjorie Maxwell Graydon House, Indian Hill; and the Harry Linch House, North Avondale.
Griswold and Weller (1991), 283-284;